Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Printing & Copying
- Photocopiers, which are also used as printers, are located on level 4.
- Black-and-white copies and printouts cost ¢.10 cents per printed side.
- To obtain a copy card, or to add money to your PolarExpress card or copy card, use the Value Transfer Station (cash only) located on level 4. Or, you can add money to your PolarExpress card online using a credit card.
- Color printing is available on the Level 4 photocopier facing Circulation and costs ¢.20 cents per printed side.
- For users without a PolarExpress or Copy Card, color printing is available in the Interlibrary Loan office on Level 3, cash or check only. Color printouts are $1.00 per page for 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14, and $2.00 per page for 11 x 17.
A VTS machine (Value Transfer Station) will accept your cash and add it to your card electronically. The VTS is located next to the library Circulation Desk. Please ask for help if needed.
If you do not have a Polar Express card, you may buy a UAF Copy Card from the VTS and use it for photocopying and printing. The Copy Card costs $1.00 and you can add as much or as little cash onto the card as you need. Copy card accounts are not refundable so you may want to be conservative on the amount you add, knowing that you can always add more if needed.
- Sanners are free of charge!
- Flatbed and document-feed scanners are located on level 4, next to the Circulation counter. You can save to a flash drive or scan straight to email.
- You can also use the copy machine to scan documents and email them to yourself.
- Scanners for reading, copying, and printing microfilm/fiche are available on Levels 2 and 5.
We have two self-serve laminating machines located behind the Circulation counter.
- Check in with the Circulation-counter staff before using the machines.
- Please allow 15 minutes for the machines to warm up.
- Prices are:
12" wide: $1.00/ft
40" wide: $3.00/ft
Lamination services may be used only by:
- Current UAF faculty, staff, and students
- Current Alumni Association members
- Emeriti faculty
The lamination machines are patron-operated; the library staff will advise patrons on their use but cannot be responsible for lamination errors.