The Elmer E. Rasmuson Library is the premier research library in the state of Alaska, with one of the world's finest collections of Alaska and Polar Regions materials. Collections include books, periodicals, photographs, manuscripts, films, oral histories, rare books and maps, and a wide variety of electronic resources. Located on the University of Alaska Fairbanks campus, it is named in honor of Elmer E. Rasmuson, who served on the University of Alaska Board of Regents from 1950 to 1969 and was the board chair from 1956 to 1968, and was a major donor to the library facility and collections.
It was named after Elmer E. Rasmuson who retired from the Board of Regents in 1969.
Elmer E. Rasmuson Library
1732 Tanana Loop
PO Box 756800