Much of the library's media equipment is heavily scheduled. When patrons return equipment late by even a short time, they may cause major difficulties for another person or an entire class. Therefore, we enforce the following policies:
- No Renewals
Due to demand, we do not renew equipment. If you would like to check the equipment out again, please wait 24 hours before doing so.
- Loan Period
Most equipment checks out for seven days.
- Return On Time
Equipment must be returned at, or prior to, the time it is due.
- Late Returns
- Penalty for First Late Return
The first time equipment is returned late, you will be asked to sign warning form acknowledging that you will be blocked.
- Penalty for Second Late Return
When equipment is returned late a second time, it may result in a 60-day block from further equipment checkout, especially if you have been late in the past, given a prior warning about overdue equipment by a staff person, or the equipment is more than two weeks overdue.
- Penalty for Third Late Returns
When equipment is returned late a third time, will be blocked from equipment checkout for one year.
- Penalty for Fourth Late Returns
When equipment is returned late after a one-year block, you will be permanently barred from checking out equipment.
- Overdue and/or Lost
- Equipment not returned or paid for after seven days will be considered LOST, and you will be billed for the replacement cost of the item.
- University transcripts may be delayed and, depending on the cost, the you may not be able to register for classes.
- You will be permanently blocked from checking out media equipment.
- Patrons who show flagrant disregard of the late equipment policy will be permanently blocked from checking out media equipment. The media technician decides what constitutes "flagrant."
- Overdue fines are $1.00/hour (or any fraction of an hour). Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy only.
- Broken or Damaged Items
You will be asked to pay replacement costs for any broken or damaged equipment that the Media Technician determines cannot be repaired. The Media Technician will determine the replacement cost at current prices, on a case-by-case basis.
If you have been blocked from equipment checkout, you may file a written appeal of the block which will be reviewed by a Media Technician or Circulation Manager. You will be given written notice of the decision within five business days.