Associate Professor of Library Science & Web Librarian
Library Science Department Chair
- M.Ed Online Innovation and Design, University of Alaska Fairbanks (2014)
- MLS Syracuse University (1991)
- Kingsley, Ilana. "Use of Social Media By Alaskan Libraries." PNLA Quarterly 82.3/4(2018).
- Kingsley, Ilana. “Creation, Placement, and Design of Website Indexes on University Websites in the United States." The Indexer 31.1(2013): 18-25.
- Kingsley, Ilana and Karen Jensen. “Learning 2.0 at the University of Alaska Rasmuson Library.” E-JASL: The Electronic Journal of Academic and Special Librarianship 10.2(2009).
- Kingsley, Ilana. "The Usability of Academic Library Website Indexes: An Investigation." The Indexer 26.2(2008): 71-78.
- Kingsley, Ilana, and Mark Morlino. “Rasmuson Library DVD Browser: Fun with Screen Scraping and Drupal.” Code4Lib Journal 5(2008).
- Kingsley, Ilana and Daniel R. Fesenmaier. "Travel Information Kiosks: An Emerging Communications Channel for the Tourism Industry." Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing 4.1(1995): 57-70.
- Kingsley, Ilana. “Snapchat.” Marketing With Social Media: A LITA Guide. 2nd Edition. Edited by Beth Thomsett-Scott. Chicago: ALA TechSource, 2020.
- Kingsley, Ilana. “Instagram.”Marketing With Social Media: A LITA Guide. 2nd Edition. Edited by Beth Thomsett-Scott. Chicago: ALA TechSource, 2020.
- Kingsley, Ilana and Janet Hack. “QR Codes and Libraries.” Marketing With Social Media: A LITA Guide. Edited by Beth Thomsett-Scott. Chicago: ALA TechSource, 2014. 131-146.
- Eisenberg, Michael B., Kathleen Spitzer, Ilana Kingsley, and Christine Darby. Trends and Issues in Library Science and Technology. Syracuse, NY: Eric Clearinghouse, 1990.
- Kingsley, Ilana. “Survey Research for Web Page Redesign: Clickable Buttons and Menu Navigation.” Proceedings of the 12th Annual Computers in Libraries '97 Conference. (1997). Arlington, VA. March 10-12.
- National Endowment for the Humanities. Expanding Online Access to Essential Historical Materials About Alaska and the Polar Regions. 2016. Responsible for writing the technology section pertaining to the repository; $200K. Became Co-PI and then PI on the grant.
Professional Organization Activity:
- Pacific Northwest Library Association (PNLA): 2nd Vice President - Memberships
- Pacific Northwest Library Association (PNLA): Webmaster
- Alaska Library Association (AkLA): Social Media coordinator
- American Library Association (ALA): Chair of the Drupal Interest Group