Things to Note Before Placing Material on Reserve
- Reserve materials should be submitted at least 1 week before the date needed by students. Requests to put materials on reserve are processed in the order received.
- Instructors may place personal copies and/or library materials on Reserve for up to two semesters. We encourage instructors to place materials on Reserve which are in short supply or which are going to be assigned to the whole class to read/view independently.
- Reserve materials may be given one of four different loan periods:
- Two Hour:Material may be checked out for two hours at a time.
- Two Hour/Overnight: Material may be checked out for two hours during the day. For Overnight Checkout material must be checked out within the last 2 hours before closing and returned within first 1/2 hour after opening the next day.
- 24 Hour: Material may be checked out for 24 consecutive hours.
- Three Day: Material may be checked out for three days (72 hours).
- Materials will be removed from Reserve on the dates you indicate or at the end of the semester.
To Place Material on Reserve
- Check with the Reserve Desk staff to be sure your Polar Express card number is already in the library patron database. We cannot place any materials on Reserve unless the instructor is registered as a patron of the library.
- For materials you own, complete the Reserve Materials Entry Form. This reserve form may be downloaded in Word format or ask for one at the Reserve Desk . All fields must be completed in order for staff to place the materials on Reserve. Give the completed form and materials to staff at the Reserve Desk.
- For library-owned items you wish to place on Reserve, complete the Reserve Request form. Library materials will be pulled for your class and placed on Reserve.
This page was last modified on July 13, 2018