Rasmuson Library Disability Accommodation Statement
- The Rasmuson Library is committed to providing access to materials for all patrons. Please ask for accommodation at the Circulation Desk if you need it. If your disability is invisible, please self-identify when seeking assistance. The following services are provided:
- Accessible parking is available in the Visitor’s Parking Lot beside Signer’s Hall. Patrons may use the ramp on the west side of the library, as well as the hand plate door-openers for the entrances on the south and west sides.
- Assistance with locating and retrieving materials is available at the Circulation Desk on the ground (4th) floor, or by calling (907) 474-6762.
- For assistance with photocopying, visit the Circulation Desk on the ground (4th) floor.
- Elevators are available at the west and east sides of the building.
- Accessible restrooms are located on every floor of the library.
- Circulation staff is available to help with retrieving library materials if aisles are too narrow, or if books are shelved beyond a patron’s reach, or for any other reason.
- Accessible counter space is available on the left side of the Circulation Desk, between it and the Media Desk.
- Accessible phones that are low enough for wheelchairs are available for local calls inside the south entrance to the left, and in the 23 hour area.
- A TTY / TDD is available at the Circulation desk for deaf patrons.
- Equipment to enlarge pages of text, and to change polarity between positive and negative, is available on the third floor of the library. Assistance is available at the Circulation Desk on the main floor (4th).
- Quiet study conference rooms are available on the 5th floor with a reservation, and first-come-first served on the 3rd floor.
- UAF Disability Services has a wide variety of services to assure equal access to all students. Interpreting services, educational assistants, note taking, and exam accommodations for students are the most frequently provided accommodations. Dragon Natural Speaking, Zoom Text , Scientific Notebook, and JAWS software are available at the Assistive Technology Lab. Call 907-474-5655 or go online to http://www.uaf.edu/disability to arrange appropriate services.
This page was last modified on January 29, 2014