The title is the identifying name of the intellectual work (book, play, journal, article, video, audio recording, etc.). Some items may have more than one title. You may use either as your title access point, as most libraries will provide title access using both titles.
To search for a Title in the Library Catalog:
- Type the name of the Title in the 'title' text box. Terms may be entered in any order.
- Click the Search button.
To browse for a Title in the Library Catalog:
- Click BROWSE (located to the right of the Power Search box).
- In the Browse onbox, type the title you want to browse.
Do not include insignificant words, such as "the", "an", "a" , at the beginning of the title, for example:
Instead of: A Bibliography of Alaskan Literature 1724-1924
Use: Bibliography of Alaskan Literature 1724-1924
To limit the search to the UAF campus at Fairbanks, use the library drop-down arrow to select UAF - Rasmuson Library.
- Click the Title button.
A list of results that match or most closely match your term(s) will be displayed.
Use BROWSE to locate a title. The following screen shows the results from searching for the title Earthquake Survival Manual. The title you want is in the second row. To view the bibliographic record for this item, click the title.
After clicking the title, the Item Information is displayed. Use the Item Information page to see if the item is available, to find the location of the item, and to get the call number.
Here's how to read the Item Information for the book entitled Earthquake survival manual is.
- UAF's Rasmuson Library owns 2 copies of the book. The call number is QE539.2.S34 M67 1993 and the books are located on level 2 in the Alaska collection.
- The Geophysical Institute (GI) library owns 1 copy of the book. The call number is QE539.2.S34 M67 1993 and the book is located in the GI library.
- Selawik's Davis Ramoth Library owns 1 copy of the book. The call number is 363.3 MORGAN and the books is located in the Selawik library.