Census Data, Census Tools and You - Learn How Census Data and Tools Can Help Your Project
- When: Oct. 24th from 2:00-3:30pm
- Where: Rasmuson Library
Kayak Room (Room 408microlab, Room 301
- What: Participants will learn about the types of data the Census Bureau produces and where to locate Census demographic data on census.gov using various tools. Learn how the data will help with reports, research and other projects. Topics include:
- Overview of Census data: Includes American Community Survey data
- Overview of Census data tools: Includes American FactFinder as well other helpful tools on census.gov
- Recent and future data releases
- Online demonstration on census.gov of where to search for relevant data and tools, including some new ways to learn about data
- Who: Heidi Crawford, Data Dissemination Specialist for the U.S. Census Bureau will be giving the workshop.
Heidi has worked for the Census Bureau for 19 years in a variety of areas such as Geographic Programs, Decennial Operations, and most recently re-located to Salem, Oregon to serve as Data Dissemination Specialist for Alaska, Oregon, and Washington. In her role as a Data Dissemination Specialist, she provides support and training to anyone interested in Census data and tools. She conducts workshops, webinars, and presentations to organizations, local governments, businesses, academia, etc.
- Interested in Attending?
- Please register for this workshop.
- Questions? Contact Ilana Kingsley at email@example.com