About UAF Email
"UAF uses e-mail to communicate with students on many important matters. E-mail is often the only way some information is distributed, so it is important that you regularly check your university e-mail address or forward mail from your UAF address to an address you check frequently. The university automatically assigns each student an official UAF e-mail account when the student enrolls (including students whose primary registration is through Bristol Bay, Chukchi, Interior-Aleutians, Kuskokwim or Northwest campuses). You are responsible for knowing -- and, when appropriate, acting on -- the contents of all university communications sent to your official UAF e-mail account.
If you want to receive university communications at a different e-mail address, you need to forward e-mail from your assigned UAF account to an e-mail address of your choice. You can easily do this online within your UA Google email account:
- Select "Settings," then "Forwarding and POP/IMAP."
- Select "Forward a Copy of Incoming Mail to" and enter your preferred email address.
- Be sure to "Save Changes."
Off-Campus Access to Library Resources and UAF Email
Rasmuson & BioSciences Libraries provides access to many of our resources from off-campus. In order to access these resources you will need to have an active UAF Email account.
- "Returning UAF Students: During the month of August 2009 all active UAF student email accounts will be migrated to Google Apps @ UA. If you are currently unable to login to your SquirrelMail account (webmail.uaf.edu), it's likely your account has been moved to Google Apps @ UA. To login to your new Google Apps @ UA account, visit google.alaska.edu. Use your UA Username and password (the same credentials used to access Blackboard) to login.
- Don't know your UA Username and/or password? Visit ELMO."
Use your Google Apps @ UA account username/password to login into the library's off-campus resources.
- New UAF Students: New UAF students will be issued a Google Apps @ UA account. Use your Google Apps @ UA account username/password to login into the library's off-campus resources.
When logging into off-campus resources, you should see a page similar to the screeshot below.
Getting Help with UAF Email
If you need help setting up your UAF email account, contact the UAF Help Desk