Please check this page often as our services may change.
- Rasmuson Library is closed until further notice.
- The 24 hour area is accessible by card swipe for UAF students, staff and faculty, and open Monday-Friday from 9:00am-9:00pm and Saturday & Sunday from 9:00am-5:00pm. Please practice social distancing when using this space.
Request to Pick-Up Library Material
UAF students, faculty, & staff, if you need to checkout material (books, DVDs, media equipment) or pick-up an Interlibrary Loan, set up an appointment to pick up items.
Please give us 24 hours notice so we can gather the items for you.
Appointment times are:
- 11:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
- 1:00pm - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday
Request Article & Book Chapters
Need an article or book chapter? Request it as a PDF via ILLiad.
The Alaska and Polar Regions Collections & Archives department is providing limited services. This is subject to change without notice. Responses to calls and emails will likely take longer than usual.
The Archives Reading Room is closed.
For assistance from our Archives units, contact the curators directly:
- Books, Periodicals, Rare Books and Rare Maps - Katherine Arndt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Oral History & Project Jukebox - Leslie McCartney (email@example.com)
- Alaska Film Archives - Angela Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alaska Native Language Archive (ANLA) - Anna Berge (email@example.com)
- University Archives, Historical Manuscripts, Historical Photographs - Rachel Cohen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Due Dates for Checked Out Items
Rasmuson and Mather Libraries have extended the due date of most materials to May 15. Your checkouts will be extended as long as they are not already overdue by 8 weeks or more.
Any media equipment (e.g., cameras, laptops, microphones) has had its due date extended to April 28.
If you have questions email us at email@example.com
Online help is available. We are here to support your research and instruction needs.
- email: AskRasmusonLibrary@uaf.libanswers.com
- text: 907-341-4404
- chat (when available): look for the Ask Us button
Accessing Resources While Off-Campus
UAF students, faculty, and staff may access electronic resources while off campus.
When accessing library databases (e.g., Academic Search Premier, JSTOR, Scopus, etc.) from an off campus location you will be prompted to log in using your UA username and password. This is the same username/password you use to log into Blackboard and UA Gmail If you've forgotten your username or password, try going to ELMO or call the OIT Help Desk 907-450-8300 (Outside Fairbanks - 1-800-478-8226).
We try to give you your PIN when you create your library account. However, sometimes this doesn't happen. Try using the last four digits of your University ID. If this doesn't work, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your phone number so we can call you.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- What do I do if I have an item from ILL checked out and it is overdue or I cannot place a renewal request via my ILLiad account?
Please contact the ILL Office to request a renewal.
Under COVID19, almost all libraries are willing to grant additional time if asked. There are no fines or fees for Interlibrary Loan materials.
- What do I do if I have an ILL item or library material checked out, but I am no longer in Fairbanks?
Please contact us and we will send you a prepaid return label that you can use to send materials back to us. Alternately, we will request longer due dates for your items so you can keep them until you can return.
- Can I still use ILLiad to request materials from other libraries?
Yes! You can log in to your ILLiad account with your UA username and password here: https://uaf.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/logon.html
Once you’ve logged in, you can request physical items or chapters/articles. Many libraries are closed or are otherwise unable to lend their physical materials, so it may take longer than normal to fill your request, but we should be able to get any articles or chapters to you electronically.
- What if I want to request a physical item but I am no longer in Fairbanks or am in isolation or quarantine?
We can mail items to you directly! Please contact our office and we can set up your account so that you’ll get these items in the mail.
- Can I use ILLiad to request material from the Rasmuson & Mather Libraries?
Yes! If you request something that we own, we will pull it and place it on hold or mail it to you. You can also request chapters or articles and we will scan the material and send it to you as a PDF.
Last update April 6, 2020 4:00pm