Historical photographs include over 1,000,000 images dating from the 1870s to the present, documenting Alaska, the Yukon Territory, and Eastern Siberia. Of particular interest may be the Alaskan gold rushes (1880-1909), World War II in Alaska (1940-1945), the transition to statehood (1956-1967), and the Pipeline boom (1974 -1977).
Find Historical Photographs:
- Alaska's Digital Archives--to view historical photographs, archival film, oral histories, rare maps, historical documents, and museum objects.
- StarArchives--descriptions (finding aids) of photograph collections.
- Ordering & Using our Photos--for guidelines and forms for purchasing and using copies of our images.
- Goldmine--brief descriptions of most photograph collections as well as books, rare books and maps, oral histories, and archival films.
- Visit the Research Room (Research Room Hours) to view the collections or for help locating collections.