- Computer workstations are intended for educational and research purposes and may be used by anyone. Priority is given to students, staff and faculty of the University of Alaska Fairbanks and for public use of the U.S. Government Printing Office depository items and databases.
- Gaming and other lengthy recreational uses are prohibited.
- The Library reserves the right to impose time limitations on the use of library computing resources.
- University computing resources may not be used for commercial gain.
- No software installations by users are allowed. Please check with staff to see what software programs are available.
- Users may not violate any federal, state, or local laws.
- The Library faculty and staff do not monitor nor do they have control over materials and information accessed on workstations within the Library. Parents or legal guardians, not the University of Library staff, are responsible for children's use of Library computing resources, including the Internet.
- Please use computers with privacy screens when viewing sensitive material that may cause offense or discomfort for others who might accidently view our computer monitor.
- The Library assumes no responsibility to users for damages, direct or indirect, arising from the use of computer and network facilities or from deletion of files from system and network hard drives.
- It is the computer user's responsibility to logoff personal accounts and close all browser sessions before leaving a computer.
- Please report any problems with public computers to the Circulation or Reference Desk staff immediately.
Approved 10-02-08; Updated 03/28/11
This page was last modified on February 18, 2015