UAF Rasmuson & BioSciences Libraries is here to support YOU! Here are some of the services we offer:
- Reserves: Some of your class readings may be available in hard copy at the reserve desk or online via ERes. The Reserve desk houses paper copies of items as well as materials that are in high demand and/or short supply.
- ERes items are accessible online in .pdf format. Be sure to ask your professor if your course reserves require a password for access.
- Hard Copy: You can search the library’s catalog for hard copy reserve materials by professor, course number, or course name.
- Teaching: If you are teaching classes you may put materials on reserve for your students. Please make these arrangements in advance so that the material will be available by the time you start teaching.
For more info about reserves, call (907) 474-6762 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Document Delivery: This service is designed to provide electronic access to print materials located in Rasmuson or BioSciences libraries. You may request journal articles, book chapters, etc. through your ILLiad account and the item will be digitized and delivered electronically as a .pdf file. Read more about DocDel.
- Book Delivery: Do you need a book from Rasmuson Library but your office is located on upper campus, or perhaps you’re located on lower campus and you need a book from the BioSciences Library? Place a request through your ILLiad account for the book to be delivered to the BioSciences Library or the Rasmuson Library for convenient pick-up.
- Library Instruction: If you are teaching undergraduate classes, you may wish to contact the library liaison for your subject area. We offer small group and course-related instruction and will help with designing assignments that involve using library resources. For more information on instruction sessions contact Kellie Tilton, 474-5350, email email@example.com. Read more about instructional services.