MySpace is a popular online community. Facebook and Friendster are two others.
If you don’t already have an account and don’t plan on using one of these services to keep in contact with friends and family, you should try MySpace, since it offers the most opportunity for exploration without having to add contacts.
With MySpace you can share pictures, write blogs, instant message, and more—all from within one interface.
You need an account in order to take advantage of some feature; however, you do not have to add any personal information to you account unless you want to.
Get a MySpace account
- Go to http://www.myspace.com
- In the top right hand corner click on “sign up”
- Enter all your information. Use a VALID e-mail address (it will stay hidden from others); other information does not have to be true.
- Make sure your password is at least 6 characters, and contains at least one letter and one number or punctuation character
- Once all your information is entered click “sign up”
- Next, verify the account by typing in the characters you see in the little box
- Now you can upload photos, or skip this step for now
- Invite friends by entering the email addresses they use on their MySpace, or skip for now
- Congratulations, you are now a proud member of MySpace!
- Get a MySpace account if you don’t already have one.
- Explore Myspace. With the links near the top, you can browse for random people or search for friends, if you know which e-mail addresses they used to create MySpace accounts. Try to find a friend, or find a random person and look at a few pictures and/or blog entries.
- Try one of the other links at the top, such as MySpace Music.
- Write a blog entry about your experience. If you want to share, add a link from your blog to your MySpace page, or let others know which e-mail address you used to sign up so they can try searching for you.