Orders for Archival materials will be placed with the staff at Alaska Polar Regions Collectons & Archives.
You may visit Digital Photographic Services for pricing information on scans and prints.
Shipping and handling is a minimum of $5.00 per order. (We may require insured shipping and payment of those fees). International packages will be $10 minimum.
- Photocopies. 20 cents per exposure, plus $15 per hour.
**Note: copyright law allows only limited numbers of reproductions from collections.
- Photographs (Digital Services) Prints: Digital prints are very high quality and available in black & white or color, (depending on the original image) on matte surface paper, up to 24 inches wide.
- Scans: Publication quality scans available. For more information concerning file size, resolution, etc., please consult the photographic manager.
**Note there is a fee for digital file delivery online or on CD.
- Rush fee: For scan and print services, add 50%.
Research services: Consult with archives staff to arrange research services at a fee of $50 per hour. (University accounts will be charged $35 per hour). This arranged research is available if staff time permits and only by mutual agreement. The fee is for work beyond initial consultation.
Make checks payable to the Rasmuson Library. For international orders: payment is accepted by credit card or by checks drawn on U.S. banks only. We require payment in advance by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard. The Archives reserves the right to charge reasonable fees for the reproduction and use of Archives materials as well as for projects requiring staff activity beyond the normal scope of duties. Researchers will be informed of charges before any work is undertaken. Payment is required at the time the service is rendered
Conditions for reproduction are:
- The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, US Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Under certain conditions specified by the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy of copyrighted materials. One of the conditions is that the copy is not to be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research. This institution reserves the right to refuse a copy order if, in its judgment, the order would be a violation of copyright law.
- The researcher is solely responsible for the use made of any material secured from the Archives and any infringement of copyright. The Archives will make a reasonable attempt to inform the researcher of the status of rights.
- We will photocopy original material in the photograph and manuscript collections providing, in the opinion of the Archivist or Associate Archivist, the materials can withstand the copy process.
- All reproductions will be made by Archives staff.
- On-site reproduction of archival materials by researchers is only allowed in extraordinary circumstances. Contact Archives for policy.
- Do not remove or separate materials for reproduction; use the archival flags to indicate material to be reproduced.
- Complete a reproduction form-for photocopies; pink for photographs.
- Complete the Statement of Intended Use Form (PDF | DOC) and agree to abide by its conditions. For any purpose beyond personal use, an additional use fee may be required; please see the Use Fee Schedule (PDF | DOC).
Reproductions are made with no changes to the original image. Cropping of an image requires archivist approval, and must be cited as "cropped image". The fee to have cropping done in our lab is double the regular reproduction price.